Terms for individuals to make transfers abroad:
What are the limitations on the transfer abroad by an individual?
- You may transfer abroad from your current account a maximum amount of $1000 (one thousand dollar) or its equivalent within one operation day, not exceeding $10000 (ten thousand dollar) in one calendar month, specifying the purpose of the transfer.
- If the transfer amount exceeds $1000 (one thousand dollar) or its equivalent you need to provide documents indicating the purpose of the transfer: repayment of loans in foreign banks; fees for participation in international organizations, conferences, exhibitions, and fairs; subscription fees to foreign periodicals; payments for tuition or medical treatments, payment of copyright and franchise fees, return of funds previously transferred to the Republic of Azerbaijan etc.
In these cases, you should provide to the bank the originals of agreements, references, invoices, bank statements or other documents confirming the purpose and amount of the transfer
In which terms a resident individual can make transfer abroad to close relatives?
- You may transfer money to your close relatives residing or temporarily staying abroad $10000 (ten thousand dollar) or its equivalent within one operation day, not exceeding this amount in one calendar month.
Who may be considered as close relatives?
- Father, mother, wife's parents, husband's parents, grandfather, grandmother, grandchild, spouse, son, daughter, brother, sister, adopted persons
Which documents must be provided make money transfers to the close relatives?
- ID of the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the document confirming the legal representative’s rights, birth or marriage certificates.
In which cases an individual needs a current account to make transfer abroad?
- If amount of the transfer exceeds $1000 (one thousand dollar) or its equivalent you need to open a current account in order to make the transfer.